-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy Harfoot
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 12:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; MI-L
Subject: Re: [MI-L] Setting Universal Translator Input and Output Directoris

Hi Doug,

If you are regularly translating lots of files, you might want to look at running UT in a non-interactive mode using a Windows script or batch file - you could write a script that when double clicked, automatically translates all the TAB files in a directory to SHP format and places them in another directory - I have pasted a simple batch script that I have written below as an example. MI have published a paper about this which should be available from their website.

Doug Wassmer wrote:
Thhanks for the information.  I'll see what I can do.  All that I found on
the MapInfo site was the PDF for MI 8.0.  Should I be looking for something
else?

Doug

No, The MI8.0 PDF is the document that I was referring to - The batch file that I sent definitely works in MI7.0. The UT is actually a third party application - a cut down version of Safe's FME software. There is a newer version in Mapinfo 8.0, but the command line parameters don't seem to be any different and so the document is applicable to MI7.0.

Andrew

--
Andy Harfoot

GeoData Institute