I'm trying to find a way to retrieve the sizes of various window elements
in a MapInfo window. There's a Window API function --GetSystemMeterics()--
that returns sizes of sizable window borders and the menu bar, but I can't
find parameters that will give me the height of a sizable window title bar
or caption bar or the height of the status bar or Toolbars/Buttonpads.

Does anyone know what SM_* parameters for these might be and the value of
the SM_ constants? Or do I have to call a different function than
GetSystemMetrics?

What I'm trying to do is size a map window to exactly fill the client
rectangle of the MapInfo window without making it maximized. To do this, I
use GetClientRect() and then subtract the sizes of all the other window
objects associated with the MapInfo session to get the size of the area
avaiilable for a map window.

Thanks,
- Bill Thoen