Thanks ATM.

I guess the "*may*" emphasis confused me.

Just to get some more clarity:

What would be guideline for a new feature, such as
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-4049, which maintains
compatibility for 1.x, but is not relevant to trunk, because the codebases
have completely diverged, so cannot be committed to trunk ?

- Milind

---
Milind Bhandarkar
Greenplum Labs, EMC
(Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author, and
do not necessarily represent the views of any organization, past or
present, the author might be affiliated with.)