Steve,

Todd is correct, we are running two yarn trains here at Yahoo.  We are trying
to stabilize 0.23 and get it pushed out to production, while also working on
stabilizing branch-2.  Once branch-2 truly stabilizes we will switch over to it
and retire branch-0.23.  We may call for a vote on a few official Apache
releases off of 0.23 if there is interest in it outside of just Yahoo!

--Bobby Evans

On 4/12/12 12:27 PM, "Todd Lipcon" <t...@cloudera.com> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Steve Loughran
<steve.lough...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Quick follow up on this
>
> -there is now a branch-2 that replaced branch-0.23,
>
> http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.23/
>
> -but there is still a 0.23.2 that is having some active work on it
>
> http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-2/
>
> Can I verify then that If i were to push changes into trunk and then into
> the Hadoop 2.0 branch, I should check out the branch-2 branch and ignore
> the older 0.23, branch?

Yes, that's what folks are mostly doing.

> And if that is so, should the 0.23 branch still be active at all?

Bobby Evans took over management of branch-0.23 to work on for some
internal customers at Yahoo, as I understand it. See the thread:
"[DISCUSS] branch-0.23 is dead, long live branch-0.23" on general@ for
info.

-Todd
--