Thanks Robert,

All,

So it seems that YARN-1493 and YARN-1490 are introducing serious
regressions.

I would propose to revert them and the follow up JIRAs from the 2.3 branch
and keep working on them on trunk/branch-2 until the are stable (I would
even prefer reverting them from branch-2 not to block a 2.4 if they are not
ready in time).

As I've mentioned before, the list of JIRAs to revert were:

YARN-1493
YARN-1490
YARN-1166
YARN-1041
YARN-1566

Plus 2 additional JIRAs committed since my email on this issue 2 days ago:

*YARN-1661
*YARN-1689 (not sure if this JIRA is related in functionality to the
previous ones but it is creating conflicts).

I think we should hold on continuing work on top of something that is
broken until the broken stuff is fixed.

Quoting Arun, "Committers - Henceforth, please use extreme caution while
committing to branch-2.3. Please commit *only* blockers to 2.3."

YARN-1661 & YARN-1689 are not blockers.

Unless there are objections, I'll revert all these JIRAs from branch-2.3
tomorrow around noon and I'll update fixedVersion in the JIRAs.

I'm inclined to revert them from branch-2 as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Alejandro