I see the following list of JIRAs from HADOOP and HDFS as blockers for
2.8.0. Other JIRAs are either old issues with little movement or new issues
that don't appear to be as critical/ready.

- HADOOP-12893
- HADOOP-12892
- HADOOP-10940 (patch ready?)
- HADOOP-12971 (can be done relatively quickly?)
- HDFS-7959
- HDFS-7597 (needs review/some more work?)

I would propose moving the rest out of scope for 2.8.0 (23 JIRAs). Let me
know what you think.