This property applies to a tasktraker rather that an individual job.
Therefore it needs to be set in the mapred-site.xml and the daemon
restarted.

-Joey
On Jul 1, 2011 7:01 PM, <praveen.pe...@nokia.com> wrote:
> Are you sure? AFAIK all mapred.xxx properties can be set via job config. I
also read on yahoo tutorial that this property can be either set in
hadoop-site.XML or job config. May be someone can confirm this who have
really used this property.