Hi all,

I am new to Hadoop and just start coding in MapReduce. I've checked out the
trunk and am able to build the MapReduce project. I also import the code to
the eclipse. My very first goal is to add a few printout statements,
locally build the MR jar, deploy it to a testbed, and run a test program on
the testbed, watching how the flow go.

In this scenario, besides the trunk code, should I prepare a test bed? How
could I prepare such one, and where should I deploy the generated MR jar?

It's a newbie question ... and really hope that people here could show me
the ropes so that I could start. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!

--
Regards,
Viney Gupta