Hi Viney,

Instead of adding sysout's and building every time, I will suggest you to
set up dev env for debugging.

As you are already built the mapreduce project,  you can add debug conf's
in yarn-en.sh and put debug points in the code and start analyzing it.

1)  Copy yarn-env.sh(
hadoop-dist/target/hadoop-0.24.0-SNAPSHOT/etc/hadoop/yarn-env.sh) into
YARN_CONF_DIR

2)  Add following debug conf's
     YARN_RESOURCEMANAGER_OPTS="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=5000"
     YARN_NODEMANAGER_OPTS="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=5001"
     YARN_JOB_HISTORYSERVER_OPTS="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=5002"

3) In eclipse, go to corresponding class file for example
ResourceManager.java  -> debug as -> Remote Java Apllication ----> new --->
set corresponding port

Now it's ready to debug.

For testing your patch you can set-up separate testbed.

For contribution: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute

Thanks,
B Anil Kumar.