Pål Kristensen wrote:

Yes, this is indeed what I'm trying to achieve. I can't answer for others,
but for what I've read it looks like the described behavior is what most
people wants. I guess someone would like the ability to totally hide some
layers from the capabilities document, but in my opinion that's more of a
cosmetic need not to disclose to the user how the layers are organized
internally in mapserver. After all a layer without a name is not queryable,
and that is the main objective.

FYI I have created a ticket for this:

I can't commit this to SVN right now (I'm in the middle of other changes in my source tree) but will try to get back at it ASAP.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/