Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input. It's been a great help. The fact that I'm now aware of the translation - from WGS84 to UTM Zone 32 - has narrowed the problem down.

Peter

Benoît Andrieu skrev:
Hi Peter,

What do you mean with 'GIS' coordinates ?

For me, GIS means Geographic Information System and is a very common term. Looking at your 'GIS' coordinates I would say that your GIS coordinate system is a UTM 32 coordinate system.

And in your case, you could use cs2cs (http://proj.maptools.org/man_cs2cs.html) in order to make the translation.

cs2cs.exe +proj=latlong +datum=WGS84 +to +proj=utm +zone=32 +datum=WGS84 -r
input : 54.9808N 8.86707E
output : 491492.61       6092662.95 0.00

The results are not exactly accurate with yours but they are close enough to me (by what ? 600 meters ? ^^).

I hope it will help.

Regards,
Benoît Andrieu

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Falk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>