Thanks, Jim & Steve. Yes, I guess I have to use postgreSQL query to define the
intersection layer (using intersect spatial query).

I still wonder about something, though. Let say I have the following layers:
layer A, layer B, and layer C. Layer C is the distinctly-colored intersection
layer, which is generated by postgreSQL query.

Is it possible to automatically activate layer C whenever layer A and layer B
is activated? It needs certain programming, but it is possible to achieve
trough cgi alone? Or would I need PHP MapScript?

How about p.mapper? Is it easier to do such thing using p.mapper? It is based
on PHPMapScript, isn't it?

Any sample codes for such purpose? Many thanks,
-Kresh