________________________________

Lähettäjä: mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] Puolesta David Nugent
Lähetetty: 14. toukokuuta 2009 8:01
Vastaanottaja: David Nugent
Kopio: mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org
Aihe: Re: [mapserver-users] Mapserver rendering with 24 bit colour

        On 06/05/2009, at 1:52 PM, David Nugent wrote:

                Once I completed upgrading to mapserver 5.4, I decided I'd give
the new AGG renderer a try.
                ~
                However, as a by-product of changing renderer, the metatiles
produced by mapserver differ slightly in colour. Some agree exactly to the RBG
colours I am providing, others are rendered with slight variations, and when
viewed on the web it becomes fairly obvious where the meta tile borders are.

        This is to follow up on my own question to which I received no response
either on the list or otherwise in case anyone else runs into the same or a
similar problem.

        I finally found the problem in that the php mapscript had a bug, and
that "AGG_Q" (AGG with quantize enabled) was being selected regardless that I
was trying to tell it to do it differently. Once I correctly set it to AGG
without quantize, the colour variation between tiles disappeared and all is
well.

        One interesting aspect of this is that the average file size did not
increase significantly when dropping quantize although in general the tiles
rendered using AGG are around 40-50% larger than PNG8.

        Regards,

        --
        David Nugent (dav...@datalinktech.com.au)
        Software Engineer