Steve Lime wrote:
Would help if you could put together a test case for us to try. Without being
familiar with your
data it's hard to know what is right or wrong in the images. The label
parameter MINDISTANCE
is always given in pixels. In current versions it works of the centers of
labels although that will
change in the next release so that label size is taken into account.

Anyway, MINDISTANCE is considered when two labels are from the same layer, same
class and
have the same exact value. Would be interesting to see your data and mapfile...

Steve

I can. What would be best for you? I can put the wms server on the outside so you can query it. Or I can send shapefiles and the mapfile. (I dont have permission to give everything to everybody, but I'd bet a select few would be ok. So I'd rater not post a download to the mailing list, but would give it to a select few.)

Also, I think there are two problems:

1) some labels dont get background
2) my perl script adds features to a layer and that layer is drawn different than line layers.

1) I can get you stuff pretty easy, but 2) might be more difficult. Let me play around with it a little and see if I can make a mapfile with the features in it and see if shp2img will draw it.

Thank you very much for the help,

-Andy