I'm just starting to play with query mode and find it very useful. I have an interaction style in mind that would let me select and highlight several (possibly connected) links in a layer in a fairly interactive style (more like one would do with ArcGIS, I guess). I'm pretty sure that I won't be successful doing this with the basic CGI, and am overwhelmed by the number of Ajax layers that I might choose from.

Are there documents/pages out there that might give me some guidance about what's possible with the various packages?

Thanks,
chris