Sure. The basic use case is:

User navigates to a particular, known, lat/lon as starting point; this can be by entering the known lat/lon values, or by navigation around cities.

User then selects one or more links and can inspect attributes associated with those links - in particular, link_id and direction. Initial selection could be by sweeping out an area, but should also provide a way of adding/removing specific links from the selection (control-select).

Did that makes sense?

chris

Steve Lime wrote:
You'd be surprised with what you can do with the CGI backend. It's certainly
possible, with the right
web client (e.g. something like GeoMoose or OpenLayers) to craft queries
against the CGI to select
one or many features from one or many layers using a point, box or arbitrary
geometry. Perhaps if
you could sketch out a use case or two...

Steve

On 9/1/2009 at 12:49 PM, in message <4a9d5e9d.9000...@speedgauge.net>, Chris