You have:

if (url.length == )) {

which looks like a typo.

-Steve

Jay Kapalczynski wrote:

I am trying to write some ajax here to run a query. I simplified this down so that no query is happening, rather just getting all the pages to work together and return some text.

I don’t know whats going on here

1.       I created a button that calls a javascript function

<input type="button" value="Send to Ajax and Tab" onClick="ReturnQueryResults();">

2.       This function is calling and passing an ajax page some info.

function ReturnQueryResults() {

                 getRunquery('parcellinktest.php','1211922220012','S')

/* getResulthype('parcellinktest.php','1211922220012','S') */

}

3. Once there it (depending on what is commented out in the ajax page) it runs one of two functions (both of which are IDENTICAL)

But for some reason when I run the getRunquery I get errors….but when I run the getResulthype it works.

I am passing the same values to the same php page.

I just added the getRunquery to the ajax page.

*function getResulthype(page,id,type){ *

    var _target = 'content_details_form';

    if (id.length == 0) {

document.getElementById(_target).innerHTML="<b>No Information Available</b>";

        return;

    }

    xmlHttp = GetAJAXObject();

    if (xmlHttp==null) {

alert ("Unable to process your request, your browser does not support AJAX!");

        return;

    }

var url = "http://127.0.0.1:80/geomoose/php/"+page+"?id="+id+"&type="+type;

    xmlHttp.onreadystatechange = showResult;

    xmlHttp.open("GET",url,true);

    xmlHttp.send(null);

}

*function getRunquery(page,id,type){ *

 var _target = 'content_details_form';

if (url.length == )) {

document.getElementById(_target_.innerHTML="<b>No Information Available</b>";

        return;

}

xmlhttp = GetAJAXObject();

if {xmlHttp==null) {

alert ("Unable to process you request, your browser does not support AJAX");

                return;

}

var url = "http://127.0.0.1:80/geomoose/php/"+page+"?id="+id+"&type="+type;

  xmlHttp.onreadystatechange = showResult;

  xmlHttp.open("GET",url,true);

  xmlHttp.send(null);

}

I thought something might be hanging so I cleared all temp files, shut down, restarted Apache.

If the values are the same, and they are being sent to the same page how can I be getting errors….

Error:

getRunquery is not defined

getRunquery('parcellinktest.php','1211922220012','S')