On 2010-03-16 14:05, Daniel Morissette wrote:
Jan Hartmann wrote:
This is probably something I should try to look up myself, but perhaps someone on this list has a quick answer.

I'm generating WMS output completely from PHP MapScript (essentially to make non-projected raster files available for WMS clients under a fake projection number, to georeference raw coordinates). If something goes wrong with the getCapabilities request, I would like to output a valid XML error string that can be understood by regular WMS clients. Any pointers to documentation on the required/optional XML formats?

I guess the best reference will be the WMS spec document itself, for the version of WMS that you are implementing. The spec docs are available at http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/wms

If you look at the WMS 1.1.1 doc from that list, section 6.7 discusses service exceptions and Annex A contains the XML exception DTD as well as an exception example.

Dnaiel

The DTD in this document is validated as "http://www.digitalearth.gov/wmt/xml/exception_1_1_0.dtd";. This site has been renamed www.digitalearth.org (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/659) six years ago, but even that location doesn't exist anymore. Where do I find the DTD?

Jan