Ok, didnt want to spam the the list, here is my map file and the SLD file I am using:

MAP
  NAME "Communities"
  SIZE 700 500
  UNITS meters
  CONFIG PROJ_LIB "R:\proj\nad\"
  CONFIG  MS_ERRORFILE "mapserver.log"
  DEBUG 5
  EXTENT -12726256 6595213 -12674715 6655243

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:900913"
  END
  TRANSPARENT ON
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  IMAGEQUALITY 95
  IMAGETYPE png
  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME png
    DRIVER 'GD/PNG'
    MIMETYPE 'image/png'
    #IMAGEMODE PC256
    EXTENSION 'png'
  END
  LEGEND
    IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
    STATUS ON
    KEYSIZE 18 12
    LABEL
      TYPE BITMAP
      SIZE MEDIUM
      COLOR 0 0 89
    END
  END
  WEB
    IMAGEPATH 'R:/webtemp/'
    IMAGEURL '/webtemp/'

    # WMS server settings
    METADATA
      'wms_title'           '"Communities"'
'wms_onlineresource' 'http://someserver.com/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=wms.map&;'
      'wms_srs'             'EPSG:900913'
    END
  END

  LAYER
    NAME 'Communities'
    TYPE POLYGON
    DATA 'someshapefile.shp'
    TEMPLATE 'ttt_query.html'
    DUMP TRUE
    METADATA
      'wms_title' 'Communities'
      'wms_include_items' 'ID'
    END
    STATUS DEFAULT
    CLASS
       NAME 'Communities'
       STYLE
         SYMBOL 'circle'
         SIZE 3
         OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 0
       END
    END
  END

  SYMBOL
    NAME 'circle'
    TYPE ELLIPSE
    FILLED TRUE
    POINTS 1 1 END
  END
END

And the SLD file:

<StyledLayerDescriptor version="1.0.0">
<NamedLayer>
<Name>Communities</Name>
<UserStyle>
<Title>Communities</Title>
<FeatureTypeStyle>
<Rule>
<PolygonSymbolizer>
<Geometry>
<PropertyName>Communities</PropertyName>
</Geometry>
<Fill>
<CssParameter name="fill">#ff0000</CssParameter>
</Fill>
<Stroke>
<CssParameter name="stroke">#ff0000</CssParameter>
<CssParameter name="stroke-width">2.0</CssParameter>
</Stroke>
</PolygonSymbolizer>
</Rule>
</FeatureTypeStyle>