On 3/10/2011 1:03 PM, Andy Colson wrote:
On 3/9/2011 8:47 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
The MapServer Team is pleased to announce the release of MapServer
6.0.0-beta1. This is the first beta on our way to a final 6.0 release.

I cannot get perl mapscript to work.

my code:

$x = $map->OWSDispatch( $owreq );
if ($x)
{
print STDERR "ERROR: OWSDispatch: $x\n";
my $errObj = new mapscript::errorObj();
while ($errObj) {
print STDERR "ERROR:
$errObj->{code}:$errObj->{message}:$errObj->{routine} \n";
$errObj = $errObj->next();
}
}

my $content_type = mapscript::msIO_stripStdoutBufferContentType();
$x = mapscript::msIO_getStdoutBufferBytes();

This is a test script, and the first problem is I'm not passing any
arguments to OWSDispatch. Prior versions errored out and reported:

ERROR: OWSDispatch: 1
ERROR: 12:OWS Common exception: exceptionCode=MissingParameterValue,
locator=SERVICE, ExceptionText=SERVICE parameter missing.:msOWSDispatch()

Ver 6 however reports:

ERROR: OWSDispatch: 2
ERROR: 0::

Looks like OWSDispatch returned a 2, but the mapscript::errorObj stuff
did not get set.

(when I do pass arguments to OWSDispatch I still get an error but with
no errorObj descriptions I have no idea whats wrong)

Oh, and shp2img works ok.

-Andy

Oh, if I set EXCEPTIONS to vnd.ogc.se_xml, I do get a message:

<snipped>
<ServiceException code="LayerNotDefined">
msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Invalid layer(s) given in the LAYERS parameter.

The layer is set and is valid, its the same request I make to the prior version of mapscript and it works fine.

I did have to modify my map file just a bit (commented out the ANGLE and label backgroundcolor), but all the layers are still there.

-Andy