On 3/10/2011 4:39 PM, Andy Colson wrote:
On 10/03/2011 3:54 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
A couple of points on this, MS6.0 no longer has a GD driver? is this
correct? if so, then:
a. need to add to migration guide
b. need to indicate appropriate GD to AGG OUTPUTFORMAT conversions
c. mapfile parsing should throw an error ob DRIVER 'GD/...'

-Steve W

On 3/10/2011 3:32 PM, Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:
 > GD is still there . It is still there and does 8bit png and gif.

Well, then I think somethings wrong. I cannot get GD to work at all, and
I cannot get it to use anything else:

andy@mapper:/pub/maps$ shp2img -m blueearthmn.map -o tmp.jpg -i jpeg
loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause
references driver GD/JPEG, but this driver isn't configured. <br>

andy@mapper:/pub/maps$ shp2img -m blueearthmn.map -o tmp.png -i jpg
loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause
references driver GD/JPEG, but this driver isn't configured. <br>

-- yes, bob2 is defined as an outputform in my .map file as AGG/PNG

andy@mapper:/pub/maps$ shp2img -m blueearthmn.map -o tmp.png -i bob2

andy@mapper:/pub/maps$ shp2img -m blueearthmn.map -o tmp.png -i png
loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause
references driver GD/JPEG, but this driver isn't configured. <br>

Does not seem to matter what I have in the .map file... nothing works.

And I did compile GD in, why why wont it use it?

-Andy

BA!  I was editing blueearthmn2.map but shp2img'ing blueearthmn.map

but still, I cannot get GD to work at all. And it seems like the outputFormats are colliding. If I define:

        OUTPUTFORMAT
                NAME "bob2"
                DRIVER 'AGG/PNG'
                MIMETYPE "image/png"
                IMAGEMODE RGB
                EXTENSION "png"
        END

I can use bob2, but if I name it agg or aggpng24 (or whatever) it has problems. (same with jpeg and jpg, cant seem to use em) If I use anything "standard" I get an empty image back. Meaning zero byte file. (from perl mapscript). Using bob2 I can get an image back, and it looks nice.

-Andy