Good point. I've just been waiting for someone more proficient than me, who confirms that this approach makes sense ;-)

Best regards,

Tamas

2011/5/16 Daniel Morissette <dmorisse...@mapgears.com <mailto:dmorisse...@mapgears.com>>

    On 11-05-14 03:21 PM, Tamas Szekeres wrote:

        However the desired scale range (MINSCALEDENOM, MAXSCALEDENOM) could
        indeed be taken into account when accessing the source layers,
        by using
        a minor change.

    If that's not the case already then I think MINSCALEDENOM,
    MAXSCALEDENOM from the source layer should be taken into account by
    default with UNION layers. i.e. when one sets up a layer with
    min/max scale, it is normally because the data is not appropriate
    for use at other scales, so I see no reason to expose via in the
    union layer outside of those scales either.

I agree with this. Additionally SYMBOLSCALEDENOM, LABELMINSCALEDENOM and LABELMAXSCALEDENOM could also be taken into account for similar reasons.

Greetings, Jana.