Hi Brent,

Glad you found the wiki helpful. As you travel down this path, please edit that wiki page directly and add your changes. That's how we can keep these instructions uptodate. I see you are pointing out what is missing in that document, and others have helped you, so it will be very easy for you now to add those missing parts. Thank you!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2015-07-04 10:46 PM, Brent Wood wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking to create a WMS & WM(T)S server for OSM data in New Zealand,
on Mint 17 (Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty LTS)

I have followed the instructions here:
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/Rendering-OSM-data-on-Ubuntu-12.04

<https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/Rendering-OSM-data-on-Ubuntu-12.04>
Which as about as up to date as any mapserver/imposm instructions I have
found.

I have sorted out a few issues, but it is not yet working - probably due
to my ignorance of things apache. As far as I can tell, the instructions
do NOT describe how to get a WMS working with the mapfiles, only how to
get a TMS working with the cache (which does not work for me either - &
instructions like "check the apache logs" don't help me much - being
well ahead of my apache knowledge.

I have got mapserver working as a cgi OK - with the usual error message
to say it is working from the browser,
"No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty."

My problem seems to be getting the paths/url set so mapserver can find
the osmbase.map, etc to access  the osm data in the database.

Any advice appreciated.

Brent Wood