It's an interesting idea - as mentioned in the comments the brackets would need to be changed to something else that doesn't collide with current (or future) Markdown syntax, but I like the concept.

I've had several MMD users who collaborated on documents and tried to avoid using Word for its annotation features. I added in a custom feature so that Scrivener users could use it's annotation feature to insert comments, but it doesn't have a deletion/addition syntax.

I could consider adding something like this to MultiMarkdown, but would rather wait to ensure that the chosen syntax was compatible with whatever Gruber has planned for Markdown.

Fletcher