In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 <markdown-discuss@six.pairlist.net> wrote:

>however, implementers can reach agreement easily,
>by leaving users out in the cold, brushing them off
>with a "you will need to follow the spec" which seems
>-- if i understand markdown's cornerstone correctly --
>to be outside gruber's comfort range for his creation...

    I've looked at this paragraph several times and I still have no idea
what you're talking about.

    If a user says "I want paragraphs to start with an explicit
paragraph symbol and all newlines to force a <br/>" , I *will* brush
them off with a "you will need to follow the spec" because that's not
how Markdown works.    I can't imagine any other way to actually write
the language.

    -david parsons