Le 2008-07-17 à 16:41, Jan Erik Moström a écrit :

Well, there is a good reason why Markdown doesn't do this. Many prefer to use a plain text editor which doesn't wrap text (I for example prefer my text files this way) and we insert hard new lines to keep the lines from becoming too long. If those hard newlines were translated into <br /> Markdown would be useless for a lot of people.

That's one reason. Personally, I often generally don't write hard- wrapped paragraphs... except inside lists and blockquotes where I wants things aligned properly in the source text.

For instance, I don't want my text editor to wrap automatically my like item like this:

    1.  First item of a list with two lines worth wasted text
    for your reading pleasure.

So I indent correctly the second line to make it better looking and easier to write:

    1.  First item of a list with two lines worth wasted text
        for your reading pleasure.

By doing this, I'm inserting a newline character at the end of each line. If Markdown was adding a line break there, then I'd be forced to write the bad-looking version, reducing readability of the source text.

The same applies to blockquotes:

    > This and that and this and that and this
    > and that and this.

You couldn't indent each line with a ">" if Markdown was to convert every newline to a `<br />`.

(and I don't think there is an option to get it to behave the way you want)

No there isn't one.

Michel Fortin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://michelf.com/