I'm going to respond to several of you here in one email, since I
unfortunately subscribed with the digest option at first:

*Chris*:  Yes, my issue is primarily caused by the lack of Android apps to
open/edit .md or .markdown files.  I'm really surprised there aren't any.

*Fletcher:*  Your post was a mini-revelation for me!  I had assumed that
Composer (and similar apps) required the special markdown file extensions
in order to utilize all of their features.  I didn't realize that manually
entering .txt instead of the default would work just fine.  Thank you!
 This essentially solves my problem.  I'll also experiment with customizing
the syntax coloring.

I really do like MMD Composer and think the syntax coloring options are
more attractive than most out there.  The one thing I do like about
ByWord's coloring that would be nice as an option in Composer (just an
option, not default) is the immediate greying-out of the code marks while
retaining the stylized text (bolded, italicized, etc.)  It makes your text
very readable for certain projects.  But I think I could achieve much the
same thing with some creative CSS editing, if I can manage it.

*Lasar:*  Thanks for clarifying about the file extensions.  You and
Fletcher have helped me a lot!

*jem:* I'm going to try out TextWrangler, since BBedit is on the pricey
side for my needs.  But thanks!

*Spencer:* I'm curious about the markdown bundle for Textmate, but you're
right, it's not a cheap program.  What sort of neat things does the bundle
do?

-Nicole