> > Beside, before we add captions to images, perhaps we could add captions
> > tables. I know MultiMarkdown already has that, but not PHP Markdown
> Extra.
> > Once we have that we could find a similar way to add caption to various
> > other things which would wrap the said thing in a figure element. In
> short,
> > it should be pretty much the same syntax for both.
>
> I totally agree! But why not use the same syntax?:
>
> ! caption of the table
> | user  | password |
> |-------|----------|
> | frank | 123456   |
> | mike  | mypass   |

I think it should be posisible to use tables with captions inside of a figure
element: Therefore we need a different syntax for the table caption. Wikipedia
uses `|+ caption` [1], so I think we could use similar syntax:
```
|+ caption align=top    +|
| user  | password       |
|-------|----------------|