This is really part of a larger issue, which is developing a "standards-body"
for the community of developers of projects built around the Markdown syntax,
now that the core program, i.e. Markdown.pl is no longer maintained.

This has been discussed multiple times on this list by myself and several
others, and has generally not gained any traction.

I wish you luck in your quest.

F-

On Oct 18, 2012, at 1:38 PM, Andrew Pennebaker wrote:

> Could we standardize URL-parsing regexes across Markdown implementations? Can
> we come up with a really super regex and invite the various fork developers
> and maintainers to use that regex?
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew Pennebaker