On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:55 AM, sankarshan <foss.mailingli...@gmail.com>wrote:

> To me that looks a bit scary. The ceiling is 10x the floor, that would
> probably scare away folks who come across the Support page with the
> idea "I cannot afford much, but will they be accepting this amount" -
> looking at that wide a range would be counter productive since a
> potential 50 USD contributor will not automatically increase the
> amount to say a 300 USD.

Many people do give more than $25 and less than $500 at the moment.
(The data for amounts is in the spreadsheet I put on the wiki every month if
anyone wants to do analysis.)

It would be interesting to know how many people give $25 and want a gift
versus how many give $26-$500 and want a gift.

> Lastly, in most developing nations, the USD -> local currency rate is
> a mess (I can very much see in India), is there a way to consider a
> "Starter" contributor that can be pitched to students ?
>
> We could definitely do a student supporter. The Linux Foundation does this
and recently added a Christmas option for them.

Stormy