On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Olav Vitters <o...@vitters.nl> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:09:29PM -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> > > In future I think we should have multiple mirrors and perhaps make it
> > > more easy to share .webm files. But not sure if we're setup for that
> > > (hard drive space, backup space, webserver which doesn't bog down when
> > > we get a few hits, etc). Tar files are no problem, but keeping .webm
> > > files for 10+ years is not something that was considered. Anyway, just
> > > wondering how to prioritise infrastructure stuff.
> > >

> > We could setup a torrent and have some of us seed the videos?
>
> For gnome3.org or designing the videos?

Either one, but I see your point.  It's just a way to save bandwidth if we
need to.  But really that's what youtube is for anyways.

> For gnome3.org: I think that wouldn't work, you want to see them asap.
>
> For designing: easier to share using people.gnome.org. Think it'll allow
> more people to participate in the design of the videos (people might be
> behind firewalls and so on)

I need to switch to F15 in order to get videos going.. my ubuntu box is too
patched up to give the default gnome 3 experience at the moment.  Jason ha
been going at it alone unfortunately.  I suppose I can try harder..

> MAybe setup an area on 'ftp.gnome.org' where you can share stuff for max
> 30 days. If all the mirrors agree on this (atm only one, ftp.gnome.org),
> we'd easily:
> a) share stuff
> b) be able to exclude it from the backups

Sure, that's fine with me..

sri