One additional data point here. I mention "serious customers" as
narrowly defined in this email as the thousands-to-millions of $
customers. CouchApps probably have a place in the lower end of the
market, i.e. shared instance users who have lightweight needs for
their applications and are customers of IrisCouch or SmileApps. I
wasn't trying to say there isn't a market for this :) The business
case to be made for them is very different, i.e. razor thin margins
across thousands to millions of people. Such an approach wasn't
logical for Cloudant - the shared instances don't drive the company
like the dedicated instances do. Because of this data I think
CouchApps as a primary user story is very hard road to walk for us.