On Nov 2, 2010, at 10:27 PM, Marc Paré wrote:

> Le 2010-11-02 19:58, David Nelson a écrit :
>
>> Your paper plane fits in superbly with the paper sheet, as a natural
>> development thereof. The possibilities are many. It can be made into
>> something that fires empathy in the young and old, the simple and the
>> sophisticated.
>>
>> What do you think about the idea of giving it eyes, or some kind of
>> face? Can you find a way to breathe life into it, like the old man
>> into Pinnochio?
>>
>> David Nelson
>>

> I don't think you would need to personify it.
>
> How about when you start a document, the logo starts off with the LibO logo
> that we have worked on and the more you type, the more the folds of a paper
> plane appear, and then the logo shows a paper plane outline to finally its
> final shape of a paper plane ready to fly ... it is done!

I am liking the paper plane icon concept more and more, as well.

To go along with the icon, we could create various folding templates for
different paper plane designs, put a LibO icon on them in prominent places, and
distribute them digitally as ODGs and PDFs. We could print them out for
conferences, and let people pick them up and fold them using instructions
printed as part of the template.

There are many great designs to be found online, such as these:
http://www.funpaperairplanes.com/Plane%20Downloads.html

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bho...@mac.com