On Thursday 04 Nov 2010 04:56:55 Benjamin Horst wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2010, at 10:27 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
> > Le 2010-11-02 19:58, David Nelson a écrit :
> >> Your paper plane fits in superbly with the paper sheet, as a natural
> >> development thereof. The possibilities are many. It can be made into
> >> something that fires empathy in the young and old, the simple and the
> >> sophisticated.
> >>
> >> What do you think about the idea of giving it eyes, or some kind of
> >> face? Can you find a way to breathe life into it, like the old man
> >> into Pinnochio?
> >>
> >> David Nelson
> >
> > I don't think you would need to personify it.
> >
> > How about when you start a document, the logo starts off with the LibO
> > logo that we have worked on and the more you type, the more the folds of
> > a paper plane appear, and then the logo shows a paper plane outline to
> > finally its final shape of a paper plane ready to fly ... it is done!
>
> I am liking the paper plane icon concept more and more, as well.
>
> To go along with the icon, we could create various folding templates for
> different paper plane designs, put a LibO icon on them in prominent
> places, and distribute them digitally as ODGs and PDFs. We could print
> them out for conferences, and let people pick them up and fold them using
> instructions printed as part of the template.
>
> There are many great designs to be found online, such as these:
> http://www.funpaperairplanes.com/Plane%20Downloads.html
>
> -Ben
>
> Benjamin Horst
> bho...@mac.com
> 646-464-2314 (Eastern)
> www.solidoffice.com

This could be the basis of an extremely good marketing campaign.

"LibreO -Fly the Plane" or something similar, paper plane designs on line, in
templates and extensions.

I'm coming round, I like it a lot, certainly as a launch platform.
  "LibreO takes Flight"

and so on

cheers
GL

--
Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Assessor Trainer
(International Grades in Open Technologies)
www.theingots.org