>>2010-11-13 21:17, Alan C. Baird a écrit:
>Proposal for significantly enlarging LibreOffice's user base with
>Screenwright(R) [...]

>>13 Nov 2010 23:38:06 Marc Paré wrote:
>Have you installed the template on the latest LibO version?

No. I think we're all hoping LO will be compatible with OOo. If it's not, I
will make adjustments when the final production version is released.

>some users were asking for a short primer on how to use the template. Is there
>one available?

Yes, it's inside the template itself. Screenwriting is not rocket science, but
out of 100K downloads, a dummy or two will always show up. ;-)

>I also notice your facebook site (http://www.facebook.com/screenw) has an
>"Instructions for dummies?" but there is really no instructions there.

It was a question posted by one of them. ;-) I answered her question, and she's
fine. But thanks for pointing out that discussion thread. Another one showed
up, so I just answered his question.

>Also, could you test the upload of your template into our Drupal repository?

No. It would be a duplicate effort, at this point. And OOo has already forced
me to duplicate these formatters, from the Extensions site to their
relatively-new Templates site. Idiotic web architecture.

Thanks for your kind comments, BTW!

Are you the organizer in charge of LO Marketing? I'd like to have a private
discussion with whoever is running the show, someone with a LO or DF email
address. My email address is at the top of this page:

http://scr.9TimeZones.com

My thought is that creators should create, and organizers should organize, and
that we should talk to each other directly. Former Sun CEO Jonathan Schwartz
told me a while back that he was interested in Screenwright(R), but then he
became distracted. I think that was when Ellison started breathing down his
neck. ;-)

>>13 Nov 2010 20:46:05 Andy Brown wrote:
>I personally do not feel that adding another extension to the, already bloated
>download, is going to help anyone.

Bloated? Heh. Someone should have thought of that, about 70 Megs ago. ;-) If a
user has low bandwidth, and is spending seven or eight hours downloading a
137Meg program, an extra 30 seconds or so to download another 17K is not going
to make any difference at all. I used to have dialup, and developed some simple
download instructions based on that lengthy process. In fact, those
instructions:

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/scr2#n

are still more user-friendly than OOo's (mine tell where/how to use the MD5
checksum). I'll donate them to LibreOffice, too.

And thanks for your kind comments!

>>14 Nov 2010 11:02:08 Dave Johnson wrote:
>i am all fir it.

Thanks, Dave. Succinct. I like that. ;-)

>>14 Nov 2010 11:34:10 Frank Esposito wrote:
>LO screenplay should really be either a separate extension

It is.

>or a completely new project

Go for it. ;-)

>it is a great idea.

Thanks!

-Alan C. Baird
Creator of the award-winning Screenwright(R) formatter:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/scr2