Hi Marc

2011/1/26 Marc Paré <m...@marcpare.com>

> Le 2011-01-26 09:11, Paulo de Souza Lima a écrit :
>
>  Hello Charles.
>>
>> I am just a new guy here, but I'd like to give a little opinion:
>>
>> I think that just one day is a too short time to make a real valid opinion
>> about the whole suite. I can be wrong, but much of the article is a little
>> tendentious.
>>
>> However, there some interesting issues in it. He (the author) talks about
>> something like Ms sharepoint or Google Docs. LibreOffice has some
>> extensions
>> to play that role. I can cite GDocs and Wikipublisher, for example (Am I
>> being too naive?).
>>

> I would not quote either of these unless you use them. I tried
> Wikipublisher and could not get it to work. I also saw on another thread (I
> think the French thread) where there was a discussion on this.
>
> Do you use GDocs? If so, you could let us know how well it works. You
> should even let us know if it does not work well so that we can fix it.

I don't use Wikipublisher, despite it's installed in my BrOffice. But I was
successfully  using Gdocs in version 3.2. I have not tried it in 3.3 yet,
but a quick test showed some errors I haven't seen in version 3.2. I could
import documents from Google Docs, but I cannot save them to.

>> I use LibreOffice at work, at a public company in Brazil. Almost everyone
>> here (500+ workers) use this office suite, so I just don't understand why
>> should the company rely on a journalist recommendation. Despite some
>> people
>> follow "opinion makers", most of the companies follow their own interests.
>>

> This is exactly the type of information that need to show up on the
> comments. You could add you comment if you wanted.

Yes, I will do that as soon as I have a little free time here :)

>> The problem with the horizontal scroll bar, he told, I couldn't reproduce
>> in
>> my computer (I am using Ubuntu 10.04). I couldn't see any JRE erros until
>> now on my system, related to LibreOffice.
>>
>> I haven't experienced all of the suite until this moment, and I think it's
>> gonna take a month, at least, for me to make an opinion about it, because
>> it's a very complex application.
>>
>> Sorry for any inconvenience.
>>
>> Rgds.
>>

> Paulo, your remarks are not an inconvenience, they are an inspiration.
> Thank you for your remarks.
>
> Marc

Rgds
--