On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 18:45 -0500, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:
> 21st Educational Technology Day at Ithaca College, USA Ithaca, NY, 
> 2011-03-24, one day
> 
> Are any members of the Marketing teams planning to attend this 
> Educational Tech Day at Ithaca College?
> 
> If I had transportation for this one, I might be able to go. I am about 
> 40 miles or so to the south from Ithaca NY.
> 
> [actually the last time I was in Ithaca, I had a stroke just after I 
> came back from a train event that I was selling
> stuff at]
> 
> Actually get a few copies of the DVD[any version] to the teachers and 
> maybe they will make sure their IT people at their districts might like 
> it and save the taxpayers money over MSO.  I spend 3 years as a 
> Substitute Teacher and I know that 3 school districts in my area cannot 
> afford to pay for any more software fees, let alone for any new 
> equipment in today's market.
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> http://www.ithaca.edu/edtechday/
> 
> 21st Educational Technology Day at Ithaca College
>      USA Ithaca, NY
>      2011-03-24
>      one day
> 
> Educational Technology Day is a regional technology event that attracts 
> over 1,600 people annually from the upstate New York region. It features 
> local and national vendors such as Adobe, Apple, Dell, Epson, Hewlett 
> Packard, Microsoft and many others. -- Mostly tech vendors but 
> LibreOffice could perhaps make an appearance there. Targetted audience: 
> higher education and K-12 teachers.
> 

First I've heard of it - looking at the list of speakers, there is a
talk from a Google emp, regarding google docs. Looking at the showcase
(expo floor) google, orcle and Ithaca free Software.

Ah, that last one looked good, so going to their website:
http://ithacafreesoftware.org/

I see they advocate OpenOffice.org.

Now perhaps, since they have a table there already, then perhaps someone
should contact that group and see what if any interest there is in
LibreOffice.

Also: too many lists to keep track of

This list, marketing @ libo is the international list, I doubt anyone in
Poland is concerned with an edu tech day in upstate NY NY, so please in
the future keep this to the US marketing list.

Thanks

Drew





-- 
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Reply via email to