On 03/12/2011 09:46 AM, drew wrote:
On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 09:27 -0500, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:
On 03/11/2011 07:36 PM, drew wrote:
On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 19:22 -0500, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:
On 03/11/2011 07:04 PM, drew wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ithaca.edu/edtechday/

21st Educational Technology Day at Ithaca College
        USA Ithaca, NY
        2011-03-24
        one day


Ah, that last one looked good, so going to their website:
http://ithacafreesoftware.org/

I see they advocate OpenOffice.org.

Yes, since they started with OOo, maybe now they will go with the better
package.
Also - looking deeper, the guys actually manning the table at the event
are coming, according to the ithacafreesoftware forum announcement[1],
from the NY State Ubuntu LoCo (Local) team[2].

I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't giving away discs and if that is
11.04 then I wonder if LibO is already on it.


[1]http://ithacafreesoftware.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=357
[2]http://main.newyork-ubuntu.com/
----------------------------------

Well, I wonder what would happen if I/we sent them the 3.3.2 [scheduled
on the 14th] version of the North American Community DVD with cover,
label and insert artwork files.
If you mean give them one copy of a file or one DVD and have them copy
it and distribute it - they might,

If we have to, snail mail a copy of the DVD to them. I sent the Free Software "people" an email including the Marketing wiki page and the URL of the test site on my domain.
How about "formally" inviting them to join the N.A.C. DVD project? [ I
just emailed the Free Software Association ]
Excellent - kind of makes the above possibility more likely.

Get their input, and maybe
support, for the project and distribution of the DVD at the events they
got to.

RIT people will be at the Ithaca event.  The are a big tech education
Don't know who RIT people are, sorry.

RIT - Rochester Institute of Technology - Rochester NY. I was going to go there, but at $40K a year [in 1988], I could not get all the needed money together to go. Had the grades, but not the cash, loans, etc., to pay the yearly fees for 4 years.

and research college and deal with Kodak and other big name companies.
They would be a good "catch" for promoting LibreOffice.

//drew




--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Reply via email to