Hello Florian, all,

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 20:43:18 +0200, Florian Effenberger
<flo...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> back in the OpenOffice.org times, we had a comprehensive list of so
> called MarCons (http://marketing.openoffice.org/contacts.html),
> marketing contacts for various languages and regions. They acted as a
> local point of contact for the press and for local events (outside
> channel), but also were in charge of translating press releases,
> distributing them and coordinating with the local communities (inside
> channel). They also represented their language groups in the marketing
> confcalls and on the conference.
Great idea, thanks a lot for your initiative.

> As discussed in the latest marketing conference calls, we would like to
> have something similar for LibreOffice, to work together more efficiently.
>
> Right now, we have four media spokespeople for The Document Foundation
> (http://www.documentfoundation.org/contact/), who are eligible of
> representing the foundation in the press. The number of official TDF
> contacts should be rather limited, as they represent the legal entity of
> the foundation at large in the press, so I would not do any major
> changes to these four people.
+1

> For LibreOffice, i.e. the project and the software, no official contacts
> exist so far, and I would like to change that, and I envision a similar
> scheme as we had with OpenOffice.org. At the moment, only a few language
> groups translate press releases, and there seem to be some confusion on
> who is "eligible" of representing LibreOffice. In order to have a better
> press appearance, I think it is crucial that we have defined
> responsibilities, publically known contacts, and some processes in
> place. One of these processes would be to regularly take care of the
> press release translations. We will also set-up an internal space where
> press contacts and other items could be shared amongst the contacts.
>
> My (rough) idea for the moment is that each language group names one or
> ideally two marketing representatives, preferably through voting. Those
> contacts should already engage themselves in the global marketing
> mailing list, and if there are no objections from the wider community,
> we should set them in place on a publically available website.
+1 for two representatives per language, because it will help each
local community to avoid so-called a single point of failure and
to encourage them to work together collaboratively.

Cheers,
-- Takeshi Abe