Hi Marc, *,

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 2:19 AM, Marc Paré <m...@marcpare.com> wrote:
> Le 2011-11-22 15:52, Andreas Mantke a écrit :
>> Am Montag, 21. November 2011, 22:06:14 schrieb Marc Paré:
> [requirements for web-calendar]
> -- able to categorize events -- when inputting events, we should be able to
> choose the language and/or various other categories such as TDF Board
> meeting, conferences, Plugfests, etc. Users could then filter their calendar
> views as needed.

Predefined categories are possible. Although I don't think the regular
meetings should be added tot he calendar, for recurring meetings, a
dedicated page that lists the weekly or monthly schedule is more
appropriate.

That leaving the choice for categories - what categories would you like to see?
Are there really that many events that filtering by category is necessary?

> OR
>
> -- able to add other calendars into a "master" calendar where a user could
> switch on/off the calendar view. This is done extremely well with Google
> Calendar.

This could be realized via the ics/rss imports/exports - although I
don't really think it is necessary.
Looking at the wiki page we have less than 40 events in 2011, and 2012
currently is at 4. So I don't quite see the need for categories.

ciao
Christian