Tom,

Your lack of knowledge is ... concerning.
You seem to mix two things: a development branch and a stable branch.
For you our two branches  are exactly that: a stable, and a development
one. There's only one small problem with that: you got it all wrong.

We have two stable branches. Red Hat  has stable products, they have a
development branch (alphas , betas) and they have Fedora, the community
oriented distribution. What you imply is that Fedora is not stable. And
that is not just wrong: it will send you back to the kingdom of hairy
trolls.

Best,
Charles.