Hi :)
It's just a couple of people (perhaps  paid by MS) just trying to stir-up
trouble.

Notice that it's a problem that has never been reported to the User List here
nor to the forums.  I've never had the problem.  Have you?  They could have
reported the problem to the Users List or anywhere else that might have been
able to either help or would have been interested in posting a bug-report and
getting it fixed.  So, they clearly didn't want it fixed but more than that,
they didn't want it to become obvious that their grumble is more likely to be
due to hardware issues (note they gave no specs nor version numbers of
anything).

IF the 2 people (or 1 person using 2 names) really did have the problem then
there are a lot of questions.  Was there enough empty space on the drive they
were saving too?  Were they saving to a temp folder and then cleared their temp
folders?  Was there drive corruption?  Did other programs appear to lose data?
Have they even tried other programs since the problem occured?  Did they
immediately follow standard data-loss protocols?  DId they check it wasn't just
that they accidentaly changed font colour to white against a white background?
Did they do Anne's favourite and deleted their lock-file and then save an older
version over the top of the newer version of the document.  In their thread
no-one asked any of those questions.  No-one tried opening the file as though
it was a zip file.

If people don't want a problem solved and want to ensure they don't recover the
allegedly missing data then the approach they took is just about perfect.

There will be an increasing amount of FUD out there as LO and AOO become more
widely used.  If you see something negative about LO out there then just ask
yourself who stands to profit from it, "follow the money".  Also ask yourself
how likely the problem is and whether the people have really made an effort to
fix it.  Perhaps point them to somewhere they really might get some useful
help.

Regards from
Tom :)