Hi Charles,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote (24-03-13 18:05)

I'd like to revisit the Facebook Ad project, and I'd like some feedback
on the approach.
Let me summarize how a Facebook Ad seems to work:
       * you base yourself on a Page (Product Page, Fan Page, etc.) and
         the ad will bring people who click on it on the page (This is
         not an online Ad leading you to www.libreoffice.org ! )
       * you set a maximum daily amount you want to spend: I suggest 30$
         for about one month, and then let's see where that takes us. I
         understand Facebook provides metrics, but if anyone knows more
         about this, please feel free to share/help.
       * you target an abstract population of Facebook users that has
         specific interests listed: we could go for the Computer/Software
         category, but perhaps there are better ideas around.

Since it's a test, I have no special preference right now.
What categories are possible?

       * Finally the goal of this: While we of course love to have more
         people coming to our LibreOffice Page, the point is twofold:
         have more people download LibreOffice, and attract new
         contributors. The way Facebook ads works is not by pushing a
         banner or a sponsored link but  to insert their ads on the sides
         of the Facebook interface to a certain number of people leading
         them to our LibreOffice page, and from there on to us.
Feedback welcome, but please, if you are against Facebook, which I can
totally understand, do abstain: Facebook has about 1 billion profile and
we want to reach out to people.

I think it's good to start a test. But make sure that it's done in a way that a result (more visits, downloads, ...) can be somehow measured.

Cheers,
Cor

--
 - Cor