On 12/05/2013, at 21:40, Marc Paré <m...@marcpare.com> wrote:

> IMO, the only thing I would have a problem with is p.2, third panel, The
> passage:
>
> * "The LibreOffice user interface is available in many languages, even in
> languages for which localized commercial software is not available. Support
> for over 100 languages and still counting."
>
> The separation of the last two lines ... the last line "languages and still
> counting" looks like it no longer belongs to the paragraph and we should
> avoid hyphenating the word "languages", By convention, we should be writing
> "one hundred" when writing in paragraph form which would fix the problem, but
> the number "100" has larger impact. I would then suggest remove the bold
> sentence and just make "100 languages" in bold and this still seems to bring
> home the point that we support over "100 languages".

Marc, using spelled-out numbers in text is only "convention" if you choose to
follow a style guide that insists on that. In science and technology, using
numerals is as much, or more, of a convention, partly because numerals are more
easily and quickly understood by people with English as a second language. For
example, our manuals use numerals for that reason.

I'll look at your samples and make other comments when I get a chance.

--Jean