Hi,

On 18 septembre 2014 12:49:50 CEST, Cor Nouws <oo...@nouenoff.nl> wrote:
>Florian Effenberger wrote on 18-09-14 12:13:
>
>>> So you suggest we do not experiment with anything?
>>
>> it's just my personal opinion - if each project hosts their
>discussion
>> somewhere else, chaos will break free. Plus, the entry barrier for
>> Redmine is much higher than for a mailing list, which makes me fear
>we
>> would exclude people if we exclusively focus on that.
>
>I've only read Charles initial mail (well and this short one)
>What I thought of:
>
>RedMine is great. Project focussed working. OK
>Furthermore: I think additionally a mailing list is important. Just
>that
>people can ask questions. Or to send some not one x/y/z..
>Also, if just all great ideas are added (sometimes it may look like
>dumping) at Redmine, wouldn't that incline the risk of causing a mess.
>Could be coordinated via mail ;/

Yes indeed.

>Charles: you think of doing all that via the discuss-list ??

Well the point is to ensure that the discussions remain on the discuss list abd
the work goes on Redmine. To answer Florian: I think today we have metrics
showing we do not gain any contributors through the marketing mailing list but
spend lots of energy maintaining it. I suggest we refrain from posting on it
for 1 month and see how we feel about it...

Best,

Charles.