Hi :)
Where i work when we go to events we take along old flyers even if we have
newer ones but just put them at the bottom of the pile.

It bolsters numbers, makes the stack look heftier (and therefore people are
less reticent about taking one), it is a good way of using up older ones
and a good way to make sure it's easy for people to compare or to access
information that may have been changed on newer ones.

If my place doesn't have any new ones (or has run out) then if anyone
notices we say something like "Wow!! Have we run out of the new flyers
already?  They've been really popular!"

I think the old flyers are plenty good enough.  You all put a LOT of work
and discussion in to producing them and it shows in the quality.  Of course
there were some points that people disagreed with but that is healthy and
the result was good.

Regards from
Tom :)