Hi Marc,

Thanks for your feedback!

On 27.04.21 20:18, Marc Paré wrote:

> IMO, best we consider all categories of donations to the project,
> whether it be code, design, QA, Docs, Marketing, Advocacy, financial
> supporters to the project (this is our donor-base). If one is assuming
> that the code alone has made the project what it is, then, it would be a
> sad statement on the TDF/LibreOffice project and would do nothing more
> than be-little all of the other contributors donation to time, help and
> financial support to make LibreOffice so great a project.

Yes, I agree, which is why the "Get involved" infobar button points to
this general page, rather than one specifically about coding:

https://www.libreoffice.org/community/get-involved/

This page tries to highlight the many different ways to get involved,
and has non-coding "bite-size tasks" at the start too.

> So, yes, I am for this. As far as frequency, I favour every the three
> month info-bar. I think every second month a little too quick. I would
> also favour more like:
>
> * after 3 months -- info-bar on "Get Involved"
> * after 6 months -- info-bar on "Donate to support ..."

That's the current setup that we're using, so you think it's best to
leave it like that -- is that right?

> To be transparent of these info-bars, I would like it to appear
> somewhere on the official LibreOffice site where the frequency is shown
> and perhaps also the rationale for the frequency and a good explanation
> of what is meant as "Get Involved" and "Donate ..." (or linked to their
> appropriate pages). Make it clear as to where the money is being
> invested and to the German non-profit/charitable laws governing the use
> of the money ... do the German non-profit/charitable laws/rules force
> the project to spend all of the donation income within that fiscal year?

The https://www.libreoffice.org/donate/ page that we link to has an
infographic on the right showing what the money is being used for, and
some text underneath about the non-profit status. There's also a link to
"financials and budget", although it's further down the right-hand
column. We're working on a website redesign now, so maybe we can make
those more prominent on the donate page...

Cheers,
Mike