On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:45 AM, Kadal Amutham <vka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > The  http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Dfd gives very few information how
>> > OpenOffice uses the open standard file format. By reading the page, I am
>> > not sure whether all the files of AOO are of open standard. The page can
>> be
>> > added with few more information, in what direction the open standard file
>> > formats are available. Is there any file format for drawings , paintings,
>> > video, audio etc.
>> >

>> The ODF standard handles the main formats used by OpenOffice applications:
>>
>> *.odt = text documents
>> *.ods = spreadsheets
>> *.odp = presentations
>>
>> (There are others as well, but less common)
>>

> I believe this content is easily available on the net, however the focus of
> a microsite is to give a very general and "to the point" message. And also
> provide other angles on this like public testimonies, proof of qualities
> and milestones in the adoption of the subject (in this case open documents)
> and it's relation with the project.

Yes, of course.  This is just background information for those on the
list who is not familiar with the history here.

> Anyone can go to wikipedia and learn more about the technical parts such as
> how many OpenDocuments are, but I think this isn't really the goal of a
> microsite, nor should it daunt the reader with it.
>
> I also think is an opportunity to embrace some design trends used such as
> "Single-Page Websites" SEO techniques and further trends that could be done
> on a sandbox.

There are at least two pieces here:

1) The blog post should, I think, explain the relationship between the
AOO project and ODF.  We have a good story to tell here, both
historically as well as currently.  The blog post, though is read by
relatively few people.

2) The Document Freedom Day web page can be more purely about showing
support for Document Freedom.  It should be something that someone
wants to share on Facebook.  Something with a snappy message, visually
compelling or interesting in some way that you want to let others know
about it.  It needs to be "worth a click".

-Rob