Dear Colleagues,

We are please to announce a volunteer opportunity as a marine mammal/ocean
videographer for our Eyes on Conservation documentary series.  Please see the
posting below.

Sincerely,

Sean Bogle
Project Director
Eyes on Conservation
Wild Lens, Inc.
Email: s...@wildlensinc.org <mailto:s...@wildlensinc.org> (preferred)
Phone: 435-790-9593

Job Title: Marine Mammal/Ocean Volunteer Videographer Opportunity

Agency: Wild Lens Inc.

Websites:  http://wildlensinc.org <http://wildlensinc.org/>

Job Description: Wild Lens is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing
biologists and filmmakers together to better communicate to the public the
various risks to habitat and wildlife species, particularly in understudied
populations. Wild Lens is looking for dedicated volunteer videographers willing
to document their experiences at various field jobs throughout the globe for
our Eyes on Conservation (EOC) documentary series. Primary duties will include
documenting key study components and objectives through film, interviewing
primary investigators when possible, obtaining signed release forms from
individuals for Wild Lens, sending footage to Wild Lens upon conclusion of the
field season, working with film producers during post-production, and possibly
shooting additional footage when needed after the field job is complete.
Volunteer videographers must be willing to take the time necessary to obtain
footage that will ultimately be used to compose and edit a short EOC video. The
EOC video will be used as an educational instrument for organizations
conducting wildlife research and to further communicate the mission of wildlife
efforts in conservation.  Past projects include working with The Marine Mammal
Center to highlight seal and sea lion rehabilitation and Ungulate conservation
in Tanzania.  To see an examples of previous Eyes on Conservation videos, visit
this link: http://wildlensinc.org/film-projects/eyes-on-conservation/
<http://wildlensinc.org/film-projects/eyes-on-conservation/>

Spaces for these volunteer positions are limited, so keep in mind when applying
that we are looking for motivated individuals who are eager to tell stories
about wildlife and conservation efforts. We care more about your story idea and
how it is presented than we do about your prior experience as a field biologist.

Please e-mail a cover letter and resume with 2-3 references in a PDF file to
s...@wildlensinc.org <mailto:s...@wildlensinc.org>, at least 1-2 months prior
to the start of your respective field seasons. Let us know in your cover letter
what job you have been hired for, what your duties will be, and the objectives
of the study. Please place the job title in the subject heading. Positions will
be filled as suitable applicants are found.

Job Posting:
http://wildlensinc.org/film-projects/eyes-on-conservation/collaboration/volunteer-opportunities/

<http://wildlensinc.org/film-projects/eyes-on-conservation/collaboration/volunteer-opportunities/>

Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications: 1. Experience in film and/or
photography; 2. Must already be hired to a field job separate from this film
project; 3. Possession of a quality camera and tripod that is capable of
shooting HD video (is preferred); 4. Ability to communicate with people on
camera in a coherent way.

Duration: Dependent on Field Job

Salary: N/A

Last Date to Apply: 1-2 months prior to start of field season

Contact: Sean Bogle, Project Director E-mail: s...@wildlensinc.org

 <http://www.wildlensinc.org/eyes-on-conservation.html>

 <http://wildlensinc.org/>
 <http://wildlensinc.org/>