Dear colleagues,

The International Whaling Commission's (IWC) Scientific
Committee<https://iwc.int/sc68c> meeting is taking place virtually from April
27 - May 14, 2021.
The IWC's Bycatch Mitigation Initiative<https://iwc.int/bycatch> is encouraging
the submission of papers focused on cetacean bycatch, or directly relevant to
this topic.

We would be interested in research addressing bycatch in all types of
fisheries, although particularly in small-scale fisheries and gillnet gears.
This could include: bycatch assessments, monitoring approaches, technical
mitigation and community or socio-economic approaches to bycatch management as
well as other topics.

In particular, any papers relevant to Peru, Republic of Congo, Thailand,
Pakistan, Kenya, Indonesia, Malaysia, and India would be particularly welcomed.
These countries have been identified by the Bycatch Mitigation Initiative as
priority countries to develop a series of collaborative bycatch 'pilot
projects'.

If you have any relevant information on our priority countries, or would like
to submit a paper please send a suggested title and a very brief abstract to
marguerite.tar...@iwc.int<mailto:marguerite.tar...@iwc.int> by 1st February
2021 . We can then discuss with you whether a full paper submission or a brief
summary would be most appropriate to share with the Scientific Committee
meeting, and explain the registration and paper review process in detail.

Please do get in touch with any questions or suggestions.

Kind regards,
Marguerite Tarzia
Bycatch Coordinator
INTERNATIONAL WHALING COMMISSION
The Red House, 135 Station Road, Impington, Cambridge, CB24 9NP, UK
t. +44 (0) 1223 233971  d. +44 (0) 1223 209 316  m. +44 (0) 429904062
www.iwc.int<http://www.iwc.int/>
Working hours: 9 am - 5 pm, Monday-Friday
[cid:image003.png@01D6F3F7.101B8900]

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or
legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not the named addressee you should delete the email
and notify the sender immediately. E-mails are not secure and cannot be
guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain
viruses. Any opinion and other statement contained in this message and any
attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of the International Whaling Commission.